- About us
- Information for patients
- Patient information
- Preparing for your test
- Appointments for special tests
- Patient self-requested testing
- My test results
- Payments and charges
- Warfarin Dosing Service (Wairarapa patients only)
- Illumiscreen - pre-natal testing
- Useful links
- Collection centres
- Commercial testing
- Clinician information
- Clinician information
- Pathology test guide
- Result reporting
- Requesting tests
- Your practice support
- Newsletters for clinicians
- Harmony NIPT
- Clinical Data Repository (CDR) information
- eLab: online test ordering
- Warfarin Dosing Service (Wairarapa clinicians only)
- Infection control
- Contact us
2 What personal information do we collect or store
We may collect personal information about you from time to time, including your:
- date of birth
- sex or gender
- address (postal and email)
- telephone numbers
- test results, medical history, and other health information
- other information necessary for our functions and activities
3 Collection of personal information
We may collect personal information about you directly from you when you use our services or when you contact us to update personal information we hold about you. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
We may collect personal information about you from your general practitioner or another health professional, including via Wellington SCL's online 'Eclair CDR' results database (as described at Privacy of your health records).
We may collect personal information about you or from any other person with your authorisation or where permitted by law (including the Privacy Act 1993 or the Health Information Privacy Code 1994).
4 Use and disclosure of personal information
- providing you or your representative with services and information regarding services
- communicating with you or your representative
- communicating with, or providing information to, other health practitioners (including your general practitioner), including through Wellington SCL's online 'Eclair CDR' results database (as described at Privacy of your health records)
- improving our information or services
- providing you with promotional material and news (where you agree to receive such information)
- legislative and regulatory compliance
- billing and debt recovery.
Your personal information may also be made available internally and to our agents or contractors for the above purposes.
5 Storage and security
Personal information collected by us from you or from third parties is stored by us. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that is held by us from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We will dispose of personal information in accordance with privacy law (including the Privacy Act 1993 or the Health Information Privacy Code 1994).
6 Right to access and correct
You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by emailing our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to such information as soon as possible.