Your health care professional should inform you of any specific requirements for your test, for example, if you need to fast prior to the test.
If you have any questions about preparing for a test, call us on (04) 381 5900.
You can find out more about specific tests below:
- Low Vaginal Rectal Swab
- Low Vaginal Swab
- Mid Stream Urine
- Paediatric Urine Collection
- Seminal Fluid for Fertility (Masterton)
- Seminal Fluid for Fertility (Wellington)
- Seminal Fluid Post Vasectomy (Masterton)
- Seminal Fluid Post Vasectomy (Wellington)
- Sputum Collection for Cytology
- Sputum Culture
- Urine Collection for Cytology
Test information in other languages
Appointments for special tests
You will need to make an appointment for the following tests:
- Skin sensitivity testing – more information on this test
- Glucose tolerance test
- Mantoux test
- Fine Needle Aspiration testing – more information on this test
- DNA testing for paternity.
Find out where to get tested for these and how to make an appointment on the Special test locations page.