Challenge Screen for Diabetes in Pregnancy
(1 hour Screen Test – following 50g glucose load)
About your Test
- Your health professional has requested this test as a routine screen for diabetes in pregnancy.
- You do not need to make an appointment for this test.
- You are not required to fast before your test.
- For the test it is preferable for you to remain at Wellington SCL for just over 1 hour. During this time you will be required to rest. You may like to bring a book to read. (Preferably do this test in the morning).
- You will be asked to not smoke during the test.
- You will not be able to eat during the test, but may drink water.
- When you arrive at Wellington SCL you will be given a drink containing 50gm glucose. You will be asked to drink this within 3-4 minutes.
- Please tell the nurse if you feel unwell at any time during your test.
- A blood sample will be collected 1 hour after you finish the glucose drink.
- This completes the test and you may eat and drink normally
Print this page or download PDF
You can print this page or download a PDF of it here.
These instructions are available in other languages here.