- About us
- Information for patients
- Patient information
- Preparing for your test
- Appointments for special tests
- Order a Self Requested Test
- My test results
- Payments and charges
- Illumiscreen - pre-natal testing
- Useful links
- Collection centres
- Commercial testing
- Clinician information
- Clinician information
- Pathology test guide
- Result reporting
- Requesting tests
- Your practice support
- Newsletters for clinicians
- Illumiscreen (NIPT)
- Clinical Data Repository (CDR) information
- eclair: online test ordering
- Infection control
- Contact us
Privacy of your health records
Wellington SCL is committed to protecting your privacy. We understand that the protection of your personal health information is an important concern and we take the protection of your personal information seriously. The steps we take to protect your personal information and who has access to your personal information are set out below.
We place the highest importance on maintaining the confidentiality of that information and we are committed to ensuring that we comply with the:
- Health Information Privacy Code, 1994
- Privacy Act,1993
- Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights
Eclair CDR Shared Laboratory Record
Wellington SCL has a secure on-line results service for healthcare providers called Eclair CDR. The purpose of Eclair CDR is to provide a more efficient and effective sharing of information between healthcare providers involved in your care. Healthcare providers can only access your records through Eclair CDR after registering with Wellington SCL.
Who has access to your test results?
Only people directly involved in your health care (such as your doctor) and who are registered with Wellington SCL as users can access your results.
Can I get a copy of my test results?
You may ask for your test results to be sent to you directly (via email) or posted. Your health practitioner can also request they be sent directly to you. We recommend that you obtain your test results directly from your health practitioner to ensure you receive an explanation and interpretation of your test, as well as necessary or appropriate clinical follow-up.
You can request a copy of all information held by Eclair CDR about you.
You can also request a report on who has accessed your Eclair CDR enquiry information by calling 0508 37 37 83.
Can I opt out of my personal information being entered on the Eclair CDR database?
If you have concerns over some (or all) of your information being available you can prevent it from being stored on Eclair CDR. This is called ‘opting out’. You can opt out at any time, and your record, or parts of your record, will no longer be shared. You can later choose to opt in again if you change your mind.
If you don’t wish other healthcare providers to see your information in Eclair CDR, you can stop the sharing of your information by:
- phoning 0508 37 37 83
- completing the ‘Opt Out’ form in the Shared Laboratory Record Brochure & posting this to Wellington SCL.
- telling your Doctor or other healthcare provider when tests are ordered
How is my privacy protected?
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal health information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure. We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your personal health information. For example:
- A health practitioner requesting access to our Eclair CDR database is required to complete our detailed Eclair CDR access registration form which sets out the rules for granting and terminating access, the level of access, conditions of access, monitoring of access, and security provisions.
- Your personal health information is stored on a secure server, users accessing the server require 2 forms of authentication (a user name/password and a digital certificate) before they can connect. All traffic between the server and the end user is encrypted using the HTTPS protocol. The server is located on the Connected Health Network and is not directly accessible from the public Internet.